Saturday, June 25, 2016

He Is With You


Memory Verse: "...for he himself has said, I will be with you at all times." (Heb.13:5, BBE)


Scripture Reading: 1 Kgs.19:1-21.

Have you ever felt so alone and very vulnerable? I have. And so was Elijah- the same Elijah that you and I know.

Elijah felt alone and vulnerable. At a time when it was popular to worship idols, Elijah had served God faithfully. He had been "zealous" for God and boldly confronted hundreds of prophets of Baal. 

Yet, when threatened by Queen Jezebel, he suddenly became terrified and hid in a cave. Facing her threats, Elijah felt that he was the last faithful prophet, and the only person resisting evil. He seemed completely overwhelmed and outnumbered to the point that he asked God to take his life- 1 Kgs.19:4.

But God reminded him that he had no reason to be afraid or feel alone. In fact, seven thousand others had not bowed to Baal. Even more importantly, God still was in control! And, He still was with him. Because of these words of assurance from God to Elijah, he received strength to carry on and was no longer discouraged.

How often we can feel like Elijah in that cave. We can sense that we are alone and vulnerable, and that there is no hope. These are moments to renew our relationship with God. To remember that He is with us in every situation even when we do not 'feel' His presence or hear Him speak to us.

Today, tomorrow and always, never forget that He is with you. No matter how things may seem on the surface, you are not alone. Do not worry about circumstances, or allow fear to dominate your life. Refuse distraction. Stay faithful and focused. Fulfill His call on your life. Do not give up. Be persistent and keep trusting His presence.

Ponder Point: "Have no fear, for I am with you; do not be looking about in trouble, for I am your God; I will give you strength, yes, I will be your helper; yes, my true right hand will be your support." (Is.41:10, BBE)

Action Point: Never doubt God's presence.

Prayer Point: Father, thank You for being with me right now. I release myself from the spirit of fear and doubt. Help me to continually trust Your presence even when I do not feel it in Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.