Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Trapped In Your Own Sin?


Memory Verse: "Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say unto you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin."" (Jn.8:34, ESV)

Scripture Reading: Rm.7:1-25.

We have an ongoing struggle with sin. And we have been taught that mere time sets us free from sin. But mere time does nothing either to the fact or to the guilt of sin.

Sin has a way of multiplying, reviving and reinventing itself, and launching a new and an unexpected assault on our most vulnerable areas- if we are not [spiritually] alert and vigilant, we fall. 

The Bible paints a very graphic picture of a person who becomes entrapped by his own sin. It says, "And he will be held with cords of his sin." Now what does that mean?

Have you ever seen a little bug caught in a spider's web? The more that bug struggles to become free, the more entangled in the web it becomes. That's what this verse is talking about. The person is trapped by his sin, and even when he comes to his senses and recognizes the need to change, he cannot escape by his own strength. He just gets more tangled.

But friends, I stand to testify that there is hope for the person caught in his sin. We can all be free from bondage by admitting our sin to God and giving Him control of our life through Jesus Christ. Only He can untangle us from the tangled web of sin that we weave!

Therefore, with a repentant heart, come. To Jesus, come. To the fountain of His sin-cleansing blood, come. Stop struggling. Come, and be set free- Jn.8:32,36.

Ponder Point: Every soul confined to a concentration camp of sin and guilt has a key to the gate. The adversary cannot hold them if they know how to use it. The key is labeled, "Repentance." -Boyd K. Packer.

Action Point: Stop struggling. Use the key.

Prayer Point: Father in Heaven, I have been caught up in this snare of the devil. I have taken a wrong step somewhere and I am now in a situation that I cannot come out by myself. Almighty Father, I look up to You because Your Word says that You will spare the poor and needy, And will save the souls of the needy. Save me by Your righteous right hand. Thank You Father because I believe, You have already made a way for my escape from this sin(s). I shall glorify Your name because You are a shelter for me and a strong tower from the enemy in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.