Thursday, June 02, 2016

Value Boundaries


Memory Verse: "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay..." (Matt.5:37, KJVA)


Scripture Reading: 2 Cor.6:1-18.

Having clear boundaries reveals that you value yourself enough to say "no"- and possess the integrity to have firm convictions and stand by your word. By doing so, you tell others you have your own voice and you are not easily swayed by the opinions of other people. It is a very attractive characteristic in both men and women, it is a foundational quality of emotional stability and health in relationships.

As we know, words are an exceedingly powerful weapon; they have the ability to release life and death [into our relationships]. Boundaries themselves are dictated both by words and by actions. The ability to follow through on what is presented as a boundary will substantiate it and bring it definition. The inability to set boundaries and follow through with them, on the other hand, creates an open door for dysfunctional relationships- and the lingering soul-depleting presence of soul ties. Therefore, we have to be able and willing to walk it out once these boundaries have been set.

Ponder Point:  Boundaries don't only keep bad relationships out. They also keep good relationships IN.

Action Point: Be a person of conviction.

Prayer Point: LORD, I ask that You make me a person of greater conviction. That I would have enough self-worth and value for myself that I would stand by the boundaries I set, despite whatever obstacles may arise. Teach me to value the weight of my words and actions in setting these clear boundaries, and how they affect me and those I am in relationship with, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.