Memory Verse: "Likewise, you younger men [of lesser rank and experience], be subject to your elders [seek their counsel]; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another [tie on the servant's apron], for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD [the disdainful, the presumptuous, and He defeats them], BUT HE GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE." (1 Pet.5:5, AMP, Emphasis not mine)
Scripture Reading: Gal.6:1-5.
Here's a third pillar:
- Spiritual Accountability.
Two points worthy of mention under this pillar,
▪ No matter your current spiritual level, there's someone higher than you. It will always be this way. That's how God has intended for it to be.
▪ Humility is a requirement for spiritual accountability. A proud person cannot be spiritually accountable.
Spiritual accountability simply means that someone or persons are watching consciously over your spiritual life. In plain terms, you are under constant and close watch.
These benefits accrue to those who are spiritually accountable:
- Spiritual accountability puts you under pressure to do right. You are always on your toes because you know you cannot afford to mess up. Where there is no accountability, people lead irresponsible lives.
- It aids counsel and correction. Lack of spiritual accountability leaves us vulnerable to attacks that can easily be avoided if one is accountable.
- Offers you opportunity for prayer support. When you're battling with some issues and addictions, you can confide in your accountability partner for prayer support and intercession.
- It facilitates spiritual growth and progress.
- It provides inspiration and motivation. When you're accountable to someone whose word study, prayer and fasting life is deeper than yours, it motivates you to pay the price for a deeper relationship with the Lord.
Sweets, the cost of not been spiritually accountable is too expensive, you cannot afford it. It will cost you more than you're willing to pay. You will lose too many things. I write this confidently, because it has happened to me before. On the other hand, spiritual accountability may not be convenient but it simplifies your life. However, be spiritually led as to who you become accountable to.
Ponder Point: Lack of spiritual accountability encourages spiritual waywardness.
Action Point: Refuse to live a life of no supervision. Be accountable.
Prayer Point: O LORD, let the backbone of pride be broken in my life. I take on the cloak of humility and I prayerfully submit myself to a spiritual authority in Jesus name, Amen.