Monday, October 24, 2016

Questioning God's Instruction?

Memory Verse: "...Is it true that God has forbidden you to eat fruits from the trees of the garden?" (Gen.3:1, VOICE)

Scripture Reading: Gen.3:1-24.

If you know me personally, you'll know I love questioning instructions that come from people. I like to know why I should do what you're asking me to do. And it doesn't end there. I'll meditate on it and if it doesn't make sense to me, I will not do it.


What would you call someone like me?

Okay, I got to meet the Lord and initially, I had a hard time obeying (PS: If you've been hanging around the Lord for sometime, you'll know that Daddy's instructions most of the time doesn't make sense and we know Daddy's style: He doesn't owe you any explanation- you either obey or not). Having sustaining several injuries, I choose the former. In other to grow in God, I needed to give up questioning His instructions (biblical and personal) for my life.

However, it's only God (for now) that enjoys this from me. Every other mortal's instructions is subject to questions for obvious reasons (Amen).

When it comes to God, don't be like my former self. Don't question the instructions of God. Never!

Remember Adam and Eve? One question from the chief tempter altered the course of their destinies and eventually changed the whole earth forever.

Satan is still tempting us with questions about God and His instructions. Is God real? Are you really saved? Do you really need to wait for a husband? Do you really need to stay with your husband? Do you really need to be faithful to your spouse? Do you really need to give tithes and offerings? Do you really need to pray every day? Is it really neccessary you fast? Do you really need to wait for God? Do you really need to know the Bible? Do you really need to date in purity- no cohabiting (living together before marriage), no kissing, no smooching and the other 'little physical expressions' of love? Is fornication wrong, even on the eve of our wedding?

These questions from the devil are meant to cast doubts and aspersions on God so that we can be deceived just as Eve was. Jesus demonstrated what we are to do when Satan questions the motives and intentions of God. Regardless of what Satan said or did, Jesus quoted the accurate Word of God. He did not entertain Satan with conversation like Eve did—He simply said the Word and that was it.

Getting into a dialogue with the devil is the worst mistake any believer will ever make. Don't even attempt it.

We need to answer Satan's questions using the same model of Jesus Christ as contained in His temptation story (see Matt.4:1-11)

We have the answers to Satan's questions nestled in the word of God. Be like Jesus– speak the word and move on to do your Father's bidding.

Ponder Point: Everything dysfunctional in your life is as a result of the wrong answer to the question, "Did God really say?"

Action Point: Obey God's instructions and never question them.

Prayer Point: Dear Father, help me to become more discerning when the devil seeks to tempt me towards unbelief. I need Your Word to be a light to my path in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.