Thursday, November 03, 2016

A Tested Help


Memory Verse: "God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable], A very present and well-proven help in trouble." (Ps.46:1, AMP)


Scripture Reading: Ps.46:1-11.

Our focus is on 'A very present and well-proven help.'

Think of those seemingly very-present-and-well-proven-help-figures in your life.

Anytime my sisters are in trouble or get stuck in a situation, I'm privileged to be their first of point of call. Somehow, they believe that when they call, I will respond to help them.

This 'trust' is as a result of their previous experiences with me.

Like my sisters, we all have people like this in our lives- our go-tos!

However, Ps.46 speaks of Someone better. Jesus!

He defies time to help. He breaks protocols to send us help. He is unlimited and can be in several places all at the same time. He's always present and available when we call on Him [in faith].

Point is, He is the best help there is!

In my own life, I've come to realise that He's a reliable helper. Our memory verse tells us that He's a well-proven (fully demonstrated, tested,  or tried; (hence) reliable, true) help. And I'm sure you will agree with me.

He has never failed. He showed up in the den of lions (see Dan.6:1-28). He showed up in the prison (see Acts 12:1-11). He showed up in Egypt (see Exodus Chapters 10-12). He was at the red sea (see Ex.14:1-31). He showed up at the burial of the son of the widow of Nain (see Lk.7:11-17). He showed up during the shipwreck (see Acts 27:1-44). He showed up at the wedding in Cana of Galilee (see Jn.2:1-10). He showed up in the fiery furnace (see Dan.3:1-30). These instances make me burst into tongues and it's welding faith in my heart.

And the good news is that He will show up to help you too. He's just a call away.

Like I tell my sisters and I'm telling us this morning, let us make Him our first point of call.

Man at their very best is limited.

For instance, I'm not in the same geographical location with my sisters. Apart from the heart connection that exists between us, my phone lines and the social media platform are our major points of contact. But too bad, the relationship I have with my phone is not a very romantic one so most times I'm not available when they try to reach me.

But not the Man, Jesus! Distance is no barrier. That's why He is Omnipresent.

Therefore, take your eyes off men and fix your gaze on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Eventually, He uses men (although sometimes, He shows up Himself). But then our expectations shouldn't be on men but on Him (see Jere.17:5-8).

In closing, be confident (settled in your heart) that He is a tested help in times of trouble; even if the world is going ga-ga, situations are crazy and heaven and earth is about to compress; don't let it bother you. Refuse to be moved. Be rest assured that in the end, God's help will come through for you.

Ponder Point: "I look up to the hills, but where will my help really come from? My help will come from the Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth." (Ps.121:1-2, ERV)

Action Point: Receive help from God.

Prayer Focus: Ask for the help you desire. Pray as led.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.