Wednesday, November 30, 2016

It's Working For Your Good

Memory Verse: "We are confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan." (Rm.8:28, VOICE)

Scripture Reading: Rm.8:28-30.

Just on Monday, I boarded a BRT bus on my way back from the market and about twenty minutes or less into the journey, our tyre gave up on us; shortly after a loud sound and the bus came to a halt. Prior to this time, I was wishing that the road was free (I hate traffic with passion). Also, I needed to stop by the saloon before getting home and it was already getting late.

But friends, I thank God for traffic on this day. Just imagine what the story would be if the road was free (like I desired) and the bus was travelling fast. The slow movement due to traffic was what God used to intercept the fatal accident that would have happened.

Talk about all things (the good, the not-so-good, the bad and the ugly) working together for your good!



Romans 8:28 is one of the most comforting texts in all of Scripture. It assures the believer that all "tragedies" are ultimately blessings. It does not declare that all things that happen are good in themselves but that in the end, the things that happen to us, God is working in and through them for our good.

You may not be where you envisaged you'll be at this time of your life due to certain situations and circumstances that you feel are responsible for keeping you where you currently are, but can you trust God that He's working in and through those circumstances to get you to where He has prepared for you?

Thank Him for the stops, the traffic, the delays. They're all working for your good and the good news is, you'll surely arrive your destination.

Stop checking your time and quit reading your calendar. You serve a God that's not bound by time. Time begins and ends with Him. He is the definition of time. Get excited and fired up in your spirit. Release your faith.

Ponder Point: As long as God is with you, your life's story will end in praise.

Action Point: Listen to "Intentional" by Travis Greene.

Prayer Point: Father in the name of Jesus, I release my faith in the direction You're calling and leading me through. Even when I don't understand, I choose to trust You with and in every situation and circumstance I find myself in. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.