Monday, July 25, 2016

How Well Do You Know The Lord?

Google Image
Memory Verse: "I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally." (Phil.3:10, MSG) (Empasis mine)

Scripture Reading: Phil.3:1-21

That was Paul. What about you? Me? Us?

The journey to knowing a person begins with having a genuine interest about the person we want to know.

Personally, there are people who claim to know me but they don't. Some have an outdated knowledge about my person. Some know me but not too well. Some know me because of what others told or tell them about me. Some assume they know me. And there are  some (a selected few) that know me very well.

The proof that you know me is that I have given you a personal revelation of myself.

So it is with our relationship with God. The proof that you know God is that HE gIves you a personal revelation of Himself.

How?

By His word.

However, He doesn't just reveal Himself to anybody. God only reveals Himself to those who are heartily interested in His Person, not those who are only interested in what He can do for them. He reveals Himself to those who are constantly and desperately seeking Him in truth- Jere.29:13.

Until He has given You a personal knowledge of Himself, you don't know Him.

You want this? This is how: have a desire. Be interested in Him. Love His Book. Initially, it might seem like you're wasting your time. But don't give up: He's putting your desire to test. Keep at it and you will be happy you did.

Sweets, I tell you the truth and I lie not, knowing the Lord personally is one of the greatest spiritual adventures: it delivers to you both earthly and heavenly rewards. No other relationship can be like it.

Ponder Point: You gain speed and time when the Holy Spirit is your guide.

Action Point: Subscribe to the Holy Spirit's guide.

Prayer Point: Lord, I receive of You the humility and sensitivity required to enjoy Your guidance in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.