Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Your Perfect Guide

Google Image
Memory Verse: "You will show me the path of life..." (Ps.16:11, AMP)

Scripture Reading: Ps.23:1-6.

I have come to understand and appreciate the role of a guide simply by crossing the highways in Lagos state, Nigeria.

I grew up in Calabar and as we all know, the private and commercial drivers we have in this city are saner than the ones we have in Lagos. Because of this, crossing the highways in the city of Calabar is very easy- you could stroll while crossing sometimes.

Not so with Lagos. 

Personally, I have phobia for crossing very busy highways because you see I don't like dying. I have spent 30-45 minutes before just to cross one part of a busy road and somehow these drivers won't wait for you to cross unless an authority figure signals them to stop.

One day I thought to myself, I can't be wasting so much time on crossing the road when there are experts at crossing these roads. All that's required from me is simple: ask. Just ask. It looked very weird initially but I subscribed and that's how crossing busy highways became easy. It became that way because there's someone to guide me while crossing.

Crossing life's road can be made easier if you have a guide.

These roads most times are unfamiliar- having bends that look like stop coupled with bums, cracks, obstacles and visionless individuals whose aim is to derail others from arriving their destinations. Many have fallen victims. You don't have to.

There is a certain Someone who knows how to lead you through life's road, if you let Him. He is the Holy Spirit, the believer's perfect Guide through life's road- Jn.16:13.

Yes I know there maybe certain routes you're familiar with. How about the unfamiliar routes- starting a business, writing a book, getting married, emotional trauma of losing a loved one or something dear to your heart, believing God to heal you of that deadly disease that's ravaging your body, becoming a missionary, starting your own ministry, or maybe you just got born again having spent a great number of your life in the world and you're wondering 'how' you'll walk this road?

Time is running out and you don't know how much time you've got left?

Why not subscribe? 

With His help as your perfect guide, you will navigate through life's uncertain roads faster and easier.

Ponder Point: You gain speed and time when the Holy Spirit is your guide.

Action Point: Subscribe to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Prayer Point: Holy Spirit, please hold me by the hand and journey with me all through life's route. I commit myself to true humility and I choose to trust You as lead me in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.