Wednesday, October 19, 2016

You Are Not Alone

Memory Verse: "...for He has said, 'I will never [under ny circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax my hold on you [assuredly not]! So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper [in time of need], I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?" (Ps.23:4, TLB)

Scripture Reading: Ps.23:1-6.

Have you ever tried making your way into a movie theater after the movie has already started? In that moment, you have quite a few things to figure out: how many empty seats are left? What's the quickest way  for you to get to an empty seat without tripping over someone or disturbing them? And if you're going to be able to see the screen the way you want  to? 

In that moment, the  only  thing  you  have  to  guide  you is the light from the screen. You cannot pull out a flash light. You can't turn the lights on. All you have to rely on is the light from the screen to navigate and find a comfortable place to sit and enjoy the movie.

Friends, what the light from the screen does for you in that moment you get in until you find a comfortable place to sit and watch your movie is what the word of God is to the believer who's going through dark seasons and moments in his or her life. Remember, the word is light (see Ps.119:105, 130).

No  matter  the dark  valley  you're  treading  in  right now, let God's  light continue to be your guide. Even when you're sitting at home applying for jobs and nothing is coming up; waiting on test results  from  the  doctor, even though you're already not expecting good news; working a job that leaves you tired all  the  time  and  you're  still not  bringing in enough money; waiting for God to send you your future husband but there are no prospects; dealing with personal issues and you have no idea who to talk to and many more issues that has not been captured here.

You might feel like you're completely  in  the  dark,  but you are not out of God's care. Even if you're completely worn out and tired of waiting, know that He is still holding you in His hands and He is not out to harm you. 

In the moments where you feel like He just isn’t there, don’t shut Him out. He wants to comfort  you  right  where you are and He will lead you out of the darkness. So let Him! 

In closing today's devotional read, I want to share a secret that has always helped me in my own dark and valley moments and I am hoping it will work for you too: Think back  to  a  moment  in  your  life  when  you were going through a difficult season and God brought you through it. Go ahead and praise again for that. Remember, if He did it before, He will do it again!

Ponder Point: If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Action Point: Trust Him. Depend on the light of His word. 

Prayer Point: Father I thank You for the comfort Your word provides. I thank You because I am not alone. I draw strength from Your word. I receive light from Your word to navigate the many waters I'm in. I'm confident that You will bring me through it in the end in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please place your comments here.